Monday, April 26, 2010

D's accomplishment

This weekend I did something that I would consider big. Like so big that when people ask about a goal I wanted to accomplish, I'll be able to say, "well, there was this one time..."

If you've been following me on twitter, you might know what I'm talking about. Yesterday I ran my very first half-marathon (the more women's half-marathon to be exact). Yes, I'm talking about 13+ miles of running. And if you live in ny, you'll know how unfriendly the running conditions were yesterday-it rained! And it wasn't just any rain, it was a cold rain that soaked me down to the bone. Literally. After 3 hours of running, I hopped in the shower and couldn't tell if the water was hot or cold. My whole being was just that cold.

But now I'll have another notch in my "things I've done" belt that feels big. Like, when you graduate college or make it through your very first break up w/ a boy or buy your first pair of expensive shoes. Ok, maybe not shoes but still...this will go down in my book as something amazing that I did. I'll probably remember the way my body felt right after-the pain in my knees, the tightness in my muscles. But there was also this sensation of pride. 

Because, I did it. I really did it.

It makes it that much better that they gave out medals at the end too. So official.

4 comments:

Isquisofrenia said...

aweosme, congrats girl!!!
you look so happy!
love the layout too!

SweetLime313 said...

Wow, that's awesome! Crossing the finish line is an exilerating feeling, isn't?!

Congrats!!

mr. make love to your mama said...

good job homie

Ria said...

Oooh, well done you!! :D