Sunday, June 21, 2009

run - check!


can you spot my forehead and blue bandanna??


ME! (run, fatboy, run!)


us...at the finish line. we make running look pretty good!

if you've been following me on twitter, you know that i've been "training" for the 5k run for prostate cancer that took place today. (i use the term "training" very loosely). what an amazing experience...to quote jelo, "something else to check off of the bucket list."

to be honest, i didn't know if i was going to be able to realistically do all 5 miles. my monday run sucked major ass...so, when you can't do 3 miles properly, you just start to think that 5 miles is simply impossible. i've heard time and time again how 5 miles is all mental, and i didn't realize that completely until today.

i think that the energy of all of the runners around me just motivated me to get it done. there's no way that i could start it and not finish it strong. for someone who barely trained, completing my run in under an hour (i clocked in at 57 minutes but we didn't actually start running till the clock was already 5 minutes in), was simply amazing.

i was surprised at my endurance to do it. i'm honestly proud of myself and would love love love to do a half marathon soon. ekkkkk. i am putting it out there though so that i can be accountable for it and get it done.

serious training, here i come!!!